Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Braking rules and making some new ones.

So today is my husbands birthday, ( Happy Birthday Honey) I wanted to do something but hadn't planned anything, so this morning I decided that the Flank I thawed would be perfect. I looked in my Crock pot cook book and found a recipe that sounded easy to throw together before running out the door for the gym. But here is the thing, I didn't follow the direction to the T, I am not good at that with food. I like to explore and experiment. A guaranteed thing when I don't have all the ingredients it calls for. But here is what I did.

  

One Flank steak almost 2 lbs
One onion chopped in slices
One can of diced tomatoes with basil rosemary and olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Beef broth (progresso brand Tuscany Flavor)
Corn starch
and Flour

I added the onion to the bottom of the Crockpot.
I salted and peppers the meat, then quickly browned it in a pan on both sides,
 then laid the meat on top of the onions. 
the original recipe called for beef gravy, I didn't have any, that is why I used the broth. I put it in a pot, brought it to a boil then added some corn starch to thicken it. 
Added the can of tomatoes to my homemade gravy, stirred it a bit and then poured it over the beef. 
Put the lid on, turned it on high and ta da! Fab Dinner in 6 to 8 hours!

Oh yeah, the four is to make gravy with the juice after it's all ready. 

I will be adding mashed Potatoes and green beans to the plate for dinner. Yummy!



ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...