Saturday, January 28, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
This goes along with what I posted the other day, about saving money through out the year. Found it on Pinterest, What amazing thing we can find there. I really think that so many of us have already been doing what we can to save money that much of this may not be new news.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
I found this in last Sundays paper and wanted to share. I don't know how you save money? Many of these things I already do, or don't do at all so I am not spending the money at all. But here are the ideas.
- Take advantage of happy hour deals, or early bird specials...
- Volunteer as event staff at festivals or venues.
- Travel shortly before or after peak season.
- Find out if your employer offers discounts, such as group buying, gym memberships or discounts.
- Make a meal out of what you already have in you fridge or pantry.
- Buy in bulk. this doesn't always work for everyone.
- Freeze and store what you can't use right away.
- Buy in season fruit and veggies.
- Go meatless (unlikely in our house)
- Pack a lunch
- Use coupons, but only for what you would buy and use anyway.
- Buy generic, food and drugs.
- Keep car maintained.
- Lighten the load in your car. less weight uses less gas.
- Find lower gas prices, www.gasbuddy.com
- Walk or ride your bike.
- Buy used.
- Wait for sales.
- Buy only what you need. (we all know that isn't easy)
- Swap clothes with friends and family.
- Insulate attics, walls and crawl spaces.
- Turn off and unplug any appliances, lights, and lamps not in use. tips at www.energyhog.org
- Turn your thermostat to 68 or lower when your awake, and lower 7 to 10 degrees when your asleep or away.
- Buy reusable terrycloth wash clothes and towels instead of paper.
I came up with a few of my own as well.
- Make your own coffee or tea
- use consignment shops and bring in your old clothes for new to you clothes. (one of my favorites)
- offer a service or trade with a friend so you don't have to go out and get it done.
- use cloth grocery bags, some stores give small discounts for them .
Hope you find some of this useful.