Friday, November 25, 2011

Our day.

What a great week. My husband has been home for most of it, so it was a great time to have fun and relax. Yesterday my son and I went to one of the many local missions to help and and serve food. When we got there I noticed that they had a LOT of volunteers and wasn't sure what we would get to do. Really we didn't do much, Glenn and I picked up trash and walked around talking to people.  Later on I was able to talk to Chaplin and found out that they had 170 people signed up to help and twice as many come. There was about 3 volunteers for every homeless that got served. I tried to explain to Glenn why we were there and what Thanksgiving was about, I feel like it went in one ear and out the other. We did have a good time just the two of us though. 
Glenn and I out side the mission. 

Later we finished the kids ornaments, (see new post) then we went to a friends house from church and enjoyed a wonderful meal with friends and out kids. We were stuffed and tired. I hope you all had a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...