Thursday, August 4, 2011

Continuing my walk (part 2)

"When we stand firm in the faith, remaining secure in our relationship with God, we can resist the enemy's advances." - Sara Horn


But how do we do that? I know that I should have devotions and quite time with God, pray and possibly have an accountability partner. I am sorry but if you have no motivation, How do you start? I have found the easiest way for me to start is to talk to God or just do one of the above. Plus I never know where to start or where to go when doing my own quite times. So that is why I started this book. It was something I was interested in and I could follow it easily.

What is Faith? "Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1


I Remember a great deal about my senior year in high school.
(Some of my Senior class -->)
It changed who I was. The previous year I had switched from a large public high school to a small (tiny) Christian school. (I was in a class of 13.) I was challenged immensely about what my true beliefs were. I loved learning about all of it, and yet I was conflicted on what the truth was. I grew up in a Christian home, but that did not save me. What made me have faith and believe in God? We seniors had a "World View" class, and I learned so much, not just as a Christian but as a student as well. LOL. We learned about world religions and how some are so similar to what God has taught so that you can be sucked in with out even realizing it. I learned truths about the Bible instead of what I just thought was being said. I learned about what it meant to be a proper woman and wife, and be proud of it. Faith comes from knowing in my heart that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, so that I can live eternally in heaven with Him! I do not have to prove myself to Him in order to go to heaven. I am who he made me to be and He will always LOVE me!!


"Faith requires that we trust God and place our hope in Him, whether or not we feel His presence in the moment."


During this last year, if you haven't already caught on, I felt very alone. It wasn't that I has a lack of trust in God, just a lack of feeling loved. I wanted to be pursued, feel the love and the longing of wanting to be wanted. "I forgot that a Christ follower is never alone". That matched me to a T! I had lost my connection with God, I had not followed behind Him in his foot steps, I had lost my way and seemed to forgot how to get back on the path. Romans 8: 31-39 says:

31-39 "So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God's chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:

They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.
We're sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.

None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us."



So nothing can or will ever take our Father Gods love away from us. As my pastor has said before, "Storms in life are inevitable, you have either just been through one, are going through one, or about to go through one." So to me that means we need to be strong in our faith, so that when storms come at us, we can use the word of God to stand strong and weather the storm. So can you walk with me as I strengthen my walk with God? Will you tell me what you do to stay strong?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...