Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My thoughts for this week.

As a Christian I celebrate Christmas because it reminds me of our lords birth, being thankful for who he is and what he has done in my life, like many other Christian holidays. Does it matter when it started or the fact that he wasn't actually born in December? I don't think so. I don't spoil my kids with gifts, and try to instill in them what the reason is that we celebrate Christmas is.

Part of me was wondering why non believers even celebrate. If your going to argue with me as to why I believe what I do or what the TRUE reason for the season is.  I don't celebrate holidays in which I don't believe in or that I disagree in... Wait a minute, don't I? One could argue that I do, Halloween was started because of pagen followers, I don't believe in what they stood for and yet I allow my children to dress up in costumes and ask for candy like the rest of the neighborhood.

The biggest reason I have heard  that non believers celebrate is to just celebrate friends and family and the gift of life, which really isn't a bad thing, but that isn't Christmas. You don't go around celebrating Boxing day or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or even the winter solstice, do you? I believe that Christmas is just as much a religious Christian holiday as Hanukkah is a jewish holiday. So if your not a believer in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, why are you going to celebrate it??? Don't criticize me for celebrating a wonderful birthday, and I won't criticize you for your non beliefs. Other wise you can start your own holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...